B. Voc in Hotel ManagementDuration: 3 Years Eligibility: 12th & Above
Fees & Scholarship details
The hospitality industry has the potential to be extremely rewarding for those who want to explore all that the world has to offer while taking advantage of steady work, great benefits, and a variety of different job opportunities. However, building a successful career in hotel management isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, as you need to have the right skills and attributes, along with passion and dedication to this line of work.
Keep on reading to discover everything you need to know about building a career in hotel management – through the BVoc in Hotel Management course at DSHM- Jaipur. This undergraduate vocational course in Hotel Management is UGC affiliated and opens the doors to the hospitality industry that has significant growth potential in the coming years. Various job roles in different areas of hotel management are available to BVoc Hotel Management graduates, including food and beverage service, front office management, sales and marketing, accounting, and others.
What is BVoc in Hotel Management?
The BVoc Hotel Management is a three-year undergraduate vocational course, whose coursework is divided into six semesters, each of six months. This BVoc in Hotel Management course can also be completed in one year if you choose to apply to the 150-day programme. The duration of study in the normal 210-day programme is three years, where, during the first and second years, you will learn about general business management skills and marketing in the hospitality industry. During the third year, you will take a more in-depth look at customer service, food and beverage management, and housekeeping.
- Level of Education Undergraduate
- Course Duration 3 Years
- Minimum Requirement 10+2 passed from a recognised board
- Course Fee Check Here
- Higher Study Options Master in Hotel Management, MBA in Hospitality Management, etc.
The course curriculum at DSHM Jaipur for the BVoc Hotel Management course is based on the guidelines set by UGC. The main topics in the syllabus of the course are as follows:
- Event Management
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Public Relations
- Housekeeping Operations
- Marketing and Sales in Hospitality
- Customer Service and Communication Skills
- Front Office Operations
- Food Production
- Nutrition and Food Science
- Travel Management
- Financial Management in Hospitality
- Soft Skills
BVoc Hotel Management Scope
Upon the completion of the BVoc in Hotel Management course, you will have the necessary knowledge, skills, and attributes to begin working in the hospitality industry. You can apply for a variety of different job roles, including but not limited to administrative jobs, customer service jobs, food service jobs, hotel management jobs, and more. The BVoc Hotel Management course at DHSM will mould you into a perfect package for the hospitality, hotel, travel, tourism, and event industries.
With your skill set and a bachelor's degree (BVoc Hotel Management), you will be qualified to work in various areas of the hospitality industry, such as:
- Catering Services
- Guest Houses
- Cruise Ships
- Forest Lodges
- Event Management Companies
- Cloud Kitchens
- Travel Agencies
To be eligible for admission to the BVoc in Hotel Management course at DSHM, a candidate needs to fulfil the following criteria:
- Passed 10+2 standard examinations from a recognised board or university
- A score above 55% in 10+2 level examinations
Step 1: Candidates will have to sit for a Written Ability Test
Step 2: This will be followed by a Group Discussion
Step 3: Finally, after going through a round of Personal Interview, selected candidates will be notified by the college admissions team
Required Skillset for BVoc Hotel Management
Candidates who wish to have a successful career in the hospitality industry after completing their BVoc in Hotel Management course must develop the following skills:
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem-solving skills
Career after BVoc in Hotel Management
Some career options available to BVoc Hotel Management graduates are:
- Front Office Manager:Responsible for overseeing the reception and guest services staff, ensuring smooth operations and customer satisfaction.
- Food and Beverage Manager:In charge of managing food and beverage outlets, such as restaurants, bars, cafes, and catering services, within a hotel.
- Housekeeping Manager:Supervises the housekeeping staff, maintains the cleanliness and hygiene standards of the hotel rooms and facilities, and handles guest complaints and requests.
- Sales and Marketing Manager: Develops and implements strategies to promote the hotel brand, increase sales and revenue, and attract new customers.
- Event Manager: Plans and coordinates various events, such as weddings, conferences, meetings, and parties, hosted by the hotel, ensuring quality service and customer satisfaction. Event managers may also work for event management companies.
- Chef: Plans and prepares various cuisines and dishes for the hotel guests, adhering to the food safety and hygiene regulations of the country and the standards set by the hotel management and brand values.