Diploma in F&B ServiceDuration: 1 Year Eligibility: 10th & Above
Fees & Scholarship details
The hospitality industry is based on the principle of service, and indeed, the most reputed names in the industry only got there because of their militant adherence to offering the best service possible to their customer every time. When it comes to service in the industry, serving food and refreshments to a customer is perhaps the most important and yet most underrated aspect of service too.
While the service staff of a hospitality establishment may not seem to amount to much in the eyes of a casual onlooker, seasoned veterans in the industry surely do recognise their value. These are the people who interact most with the customers, and usually even first, and their professionalism sets the stage for how accommodating the customer is to spending more time in the establishment. For these reasons, DSHM Jaipur offers a Diploma in Food and Beverage Service course that can prepare anyone for a career in hospitality, especially in the FnB service departments.
Diploma in Food and Beverage Service: Course Information
A Diploma in Food and Beverage Service is a one-year course that prepares students for a service-oriented career in the hospitality industry. This short-term course is ideal for those who don’t want to invest in a full degree course and covers the basics of topics like food and beverage production, service, hygiene, safety, and customer relations. Students also learn about the different types of cuisines, beverages, and service styles in various settings such as hotels, restaurants, bars, and catering.
Check out the table below for a glance at the highlights of the Diploma in Food and Beverage Service course at Dangayach School of Hotel Management.
- Level of EducationDiploma
- Course Duration 1-year
- Minimum Requirement 10+2 passed from a recognised board
- Average Course Fee Check Here
Diploma in Food and Beverage Service Course Curriculum
Since DSHM is affiliated with UGC, the course
curriculum of the Diploma in Food and Beverage Service consists of
both theory and
The theory sessions include topics such as:
- Food and Beverage operations
- Food Safety and Hygiene
- Menu Planning
- Food and Beverage Costing
- Hospitality Law and Ethics
- Communication Skills
- Personality Development.
The practical sessions include hands-on training in food and beverage production, service, and management in simulated and real-life situations.
Diploma in Food and Beverage Service Scope
The scope of a Diploma in Food and Beverage Service is wide and varied. Graduates can find employment opportunities in various sectors of the hospitality industry such as:
- Catering Companies
- Cruise Liners
- Corporate Offices
- Event Management Companies.
They can also pursue higher studies such as a bachelor's or master's degree in hospitality management or related fields, or opt for professional certifications or short-term courses to enhance their knowledge and skills.
Diploma in Food and Beverage Service Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for a Diploma in Food and Beverage Service at Dangayach School of Hotel Management are:
- The candidate should have passed a 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with English as a compulsory subject.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade point average
The admission process for a diploma in food and beverage service at DSHM Jaipur is pretty straightforward. Here are the steps to be followed:
Step 1: Go to the official website of DSHM, Jaipur
Step 2: Enter the Connect Page.
Step 3: Fill in the application form.
Step 4: Pay the application fee and submit the form.
Our DSHM team will contact you for further admission proceedings.
Skills Acquired From a Diploma in Food and Beverage Service
Some common skills required for food and beverage workers that the Diploma in Food and Beverage Service at DSHM teaches students are:
- Communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Teamwork skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Food and beverage knowledge
Career after Diploma in Food and Beverage Service
A career after a diploma in food and beverage service can be rewarding, but also quite challenging. Graduates can expect to earn a decent salary depending on their skills, experience, qualifications, and location.
Diploma in Food and Beverage Service graduates from DSHM can also start their own business or venture in the food and beverage industry with proper planning and investment. Some of the common job profiles graduates go for include:
- Food and Beverage Managers:Responsible for overseeing the operations of establishments that serve food and drinks, they plan menus, hire and train staff, monitor inventory, ensure quality and safety standards, and handle customer complaints.
- FnB Supervisors:In charge of leading a team of food and beverage workers, they assign tasks, provide feedback, resolve conflicts, and enforce policies.
- Servers:Take orders, serve food and drinks, and process payments for customers in dining establishments. They also greet customers, answer questions, make recommendations, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Bartenders: Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for customers in bars, pubs, clubs, hotels, or restaurants. They also check IDs, maintain inventory, clean glasses and equipment, and create new drink recipes.
- Baristas: Prepare and serve coffee and other hot or cold drinks for customers in cafes, coffee shops, or other venues. They also operate espresso machines, grind coffee beans, and froth milk, and decorate drinks with latte art.
- Sommeliers: Have expert knowledge of wine and other beverages, which they use to advise customers on wine selection, pairing, and service. They also taste wines, purchase wines from suppliers, manage wine cellars, and conduct wine tastings.